Quick enquiry
  • The Construction Project Nov 18

Saracens forward, Maro Itoje, set to return from injury "stronger and quicker"

newsletter register button

Saracens forward, Maro Itoje, set to return from injury "stronger and quicker"

Itoje suffered a double face fracture in Saracens' game at Harlequins at the start of December.

However the 23-year-old has made a rapid recovery and expects to make his comeback in the next couple of weeks.

"All in all it's looking good, I'll be back on the pitch soon," Itoje stated.

"When I first broke it they told me potentially up to three months out, and now I am well within my timeframe of four to six weeks.

"I'm not quite there yet - and still have a couple of weeks to go."

While he will now be fit for England's Six Nations title defence, Itoje says the injury left him incapacitated at first.

"It was sore - probably my most painful injury so far," he explained.

"My jaw ballooned, and I turned into a black Buzz Lightyear! My chin was huge - I couldn't leave my house for a couple of days and was on blended food for a week or so, which was terrible.

"But thank God I am over that stage now, and eating a lot more normally now."

Itoje, whose hectic schedule in 2017 included a British and Irish Lions tour of New Zealand, will use the coming weeks to re-condition physically.

SB

Web design by Brick technology Ltd.