Bath City submit planning application for stadium redevelopment
Bath Rugby have submitted their planning application to B&NES Council to redevelop the current facilities at The Rec.
The plans also include the regeneration of the riverside in the heart of the city, the creation of significant sporting and community benefits for all, whilst ensuring that the Club continues to provide a considerable contribution to the city’s economy for decades to come.
Key highlights of the application include:
- 18,000 capacity stadium with significantly enhanced accessibility provisions
- Contemporary and sensitive design
- New hybrid pitch increasing community and amateur use
- Regenerated riverside including the new Spring Gardens Walk
- Retention of mature trees, as well as further landscaping and bio-diversity measures
- A host of sustainability measures to support a target of net zero operational carbon
- Riverside café/restaurant, Club shop and museum for non-matchday use
Tarquin McDonald, CEO of Bath Rugby said: "We are absolutely delighted to have submitted our proposals. This is the culmination of many years of collobaration, listening and refining, which we now believe delivers the world-class facility that Bath Rugby and the wider city deserves."
"We are excited to share our vision with all and would ask people to review the proposals via the B&NES planning portal and ultimately support them."