WRU acting CEO expresses "remorse" over scandal
Welsh Rugby Union (WRU) acting chief executive Nigel Walker has expressed "remorse" over the body's handling of allegations of sexism and misogyny.
He admitted the WRU had "fallen short" in standards and its credibility was at an "all-time low".
Ex-Wales international Walker has taken over as acting chief executive after Steve Phillips resigned on Sunday.
He also apologised after two women complained of a "toxic culture" within the organisation.
Speaking to Scrum V, Walker admitted the WRU's standing had been badly damaged by a turbulent week.
It began with a BBC investigation into various allegations.
Among them, former head of Wales women's rugby Charlotte Wathan said she considered suicide and claimed a male colleague joked in front of others in an office environment that he wanted to "rape" her.
Walker described the allegations raised in the documentary as "harrowing and despicable".
He said: "The tone of the Welsh Rugby Union today is one of contrition, remorse and apology to those employees who went through what they went through and a desire to get things right.
"We recognise we have fallen short of the high standards that are necessary.
"We apologise, we recognise we've made many mistakes. We're now not looking at how we can mitigate the furore that has come our way.
"What we're looking to do now is to improve and get back a semblance of credibility as we realise that it is now at an all-time low."